Integration with palm vein biometrics
Thanks to integration with BioSmart palm vein scanners, biometric templates can be added and removed directly from Sigur interface without any additional software needed.
- integrated with BioSmart PV-WTC and desktop DCR-PV palm vein scanners for easy and convenient creation of templates in the system
- supports a combination of vein pattern identification with other credentials, including cards or other biometric identifiers
Advantages of palm vein biometrics
Palm vein patterns are scanned without direct contact with the scanner, which is convenient for the users and eliminates the need of frequent maintenance of the scanner. Unlike widespread fingerprint identification, this method is not affected by the skin condition (be it cuts or soiling), therefore it can be used for manual workers.
Advantages of the integration
- biometric templates (palm vein patterns) can be added to the system via Sigur software interface
- supports operation in local mode: biometric templates are stored in BioSmart device memory (up to 300,000 templates)
- compatible with BioSmart PV-WTC devices and BioSmart DCR-PV desktop scanners
Overview of BioSmart PV-WTC
BioSmart PV-WTC is a biometric palm vein scanner and proximity card reader in one device. It can include EM Marine, Mifare (UID read mode), HID iClass, HID Prox and Legic card reader modules.
This device is designed for heated indoor use only and does not have an outdoor version.
How it works
BioSmart PV-WTC devices are connected to Sigur controllers via the standard Wiegand interface, and each reader is connected to the IP network of the site. Sigur server interacts directly with BioSmart readers via the network. Original ProSoft software is required for the initial configuration of the readers at the startup of the system. After that, it is not required for day-to-day operation of the system.
Templates as well as other employee data (name, position, department, etc.) are added directly from Sigur software. To make creation of biometric templates in the system easier, BioSmart DCR-PV desktop reader can be used (connected to the workstation via USB). Templates can also be added via BioSmart PV-WTC devices.
The following access modes are supported when BioSmart readers are connected to the system:
- biometrics only
- card only
- either card or biometrics
- two-factor identification: card + biometrics